1 month ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to bring their experience and skills to Jam City’s studio that focuses on Disney games! You’ll have the opportunity to work with an incredibly talented development team across multiple projects, using world-class IPs from Disney, Pixar, and more!The candidate will be responsible for designing and building screen mockups and layouts, creating attractive buttons, icons, and other UI assets. To successfully execute the role, the candidate must work closely with the UI/UX, Art, and Game Design teams to define and implement work throughout product development. They must adhere to the defined visual style, follow UI best practices, and ensure consistent quality. This person will also work directly with Engineers to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in game.
**This role is approved as a nine month contract with a possible extension to full time hire.
**In order to be considered, you must provide us with a link to an online portfolio, website, or a PDF showcasing your most recent examples of work.
**Open to fully remote candidates willing to work PDT hours.
- For this game, we are expecting a 70/30 split of UI and UX related work.
- Design mockups and wireframes to support the flow of the game
- Create high quality, user-friendly UI assets with a focus on best practices in mobile casual games.
- Integrate assets into the game
- Ensure UX represents the player’s voice and needs.
- Collaborate with the Game Design, Art, and Tech leads to ensure UI/UX consistency, correct functionality, and proper integration.
- Participate in visual critiques and brainstorms.
- Synthesize feedback from the team, leadership, live data, and more to make recommendations and iterations.
- 3-5 years of practical art/design experience work in interactive media and/or mobile games
- Graphic Design skills: sketching, wireframing, and storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
- Solid understanding of UI best practices and interaction design fundamentals.
- A strong understanding of UI conventions and challenges for the mobile.
- Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into usable, polished UI systems.
- Solid understanding of art and visual design principles and techniques regarding 2D, 3D, animation, layout, color theory, and lighting.
- Outstanding creativity and drive; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to multitask like a pro.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work.
- Excellent organization and efficient time management skills.
- Takes accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Problem solver, results-oriented, self-motivated and disciplined.
- No-ego personality. Our team has a strong culture of trust, cooperation, and collaboration
- Expert knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in UI prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, or similar software
- Experience integrating UI assets into Unity
NICE TO HAVE
- Specific experience using Figma (our UI/UX software of choice).
- Affinity for Disney/Pixar IP.
- Ability to work within a pre-established style.
- Experience working with IP characters and following IP guidelines.
- Desire to be in a creative, world-class design culture.
- Knowledge of other games, not just limited to mobile. Ability to reference UI and UX, layouts, and other elements from other games.
- Waterfall, Agile and Scrum process experience.
- Serious passion for games—you are a gamer and have been for years.
- Coding/Prototyping experience.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $31.00/hr — $64.66 per hour
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.