This job might no longer be available.
UI Technical Designer- Madden (Contract)
18 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content, and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Our Madden team is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA Sports FC and Racing.
What you will do:
As UI Technical Designer you will work with designers, artists, and engineers to create outstanding player experiences. You will break down designs into smaller pieces to create building blocks that can be reused to build the game's UI and work with UX and visual designers to help prototype and implement features to specification. As a UI Technical Designer, you will work with a team to set and advocate for best practices and report to the Experience Design Manager.
- You will implement screens, widgets, logic, and data flows
- Design and help build tools and workflows to support iterative development
- Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture
- Work with our designers and engineers to determine design, technical and data requirements
- Break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
- You will implement UI animation and motion of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines
- You will prepare and document components to be used by our designers and engineers
- Experience prototyping, and managing UI features from concept to release
- Shipped at least 1 title as a Technical Designer, Technical Artist, Scripter, or similar role
- 2+ years of experience working in Games
- Experience working in a collaborative and cross-discipline environment
- Interest in Games and UI
- Experience with Visual Scripting or Programming/Scripting languages
Join us in driving the next revolution in games!
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $34 - $55
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.