UI Technical Designer, Games, Amazon
21 days ago
Are you passionate about creating immersive and visually stunning user interfaces for AAA games? Do you have experience building game UI in Unreal Engine 5?
We are looking for a talented and motivated Technical Designer to join our team and work on some of the most innovative and cutting-edge games in the market. You will be responsible for implementing UI features and functionality using Unreal 5's UMG system, as well as collaborating with designers and artists to ensure a high-quality, inclusive, and accessible user experience.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience shipping games in Unreal 5's UI framework, C++ and Blueprint scripting, UI animation and optimization techniques, and best practices for UI development. You should also have a keen eye for detail, a creative flair, and a passion for making games that delight and inspire players. UX Design skills are not required, but they are a plus. You're the person who makes it work and makes it awesome!
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work on cutting-edge games and push the boundaries of what’s possible in game UI design, then this is the job for you! Apply now and let’s create something amazing together.
Key job responsibilities
* Collaborate with Game Designers, UX Designers, Artists, and Engineers to develop intuitive and visually appealing UI using Unreal Engine 5.
* Create in-engine prototypes to communicate and iterate on design ideas
* Build maintainable and extensible UI components and libraries in Unreal using UE5’s Blueprint scripting system
* Work with engineering teams to understand potential limitations, but also strive for the highest possible quality of the end-game user experience.
* Ensure UI complies with Amazon’s accessibility and inclusivity guidelines to ensure that games are playable by as many people as possible
* Develop and maintain design documentation
* Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in game UI design.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA
- 3+ years of front-end technologist, engineer, or UX prototyper experience
- Have coding samples in front end programming languages
- Have an available online portfolio
- Experience with web, mobile web, or mobile app front-end development
- Experience with UI design for complex workflows and for end users
- Work examples in Unreal Engine 5 and its UI development tools (Blueprint, C++, Common UI)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent Experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in AAA games
- Prior experience as a Game Designer, UX Designer, Product Designer, or Graphic Designer
- Experience working closely with User Experience Research (UXR)
- Experience designing accessible interactions for people with disabilities
- Experience creating UI Art mock-ups using Photoshop, Figma, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Understanding of key visual design principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $105,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.