UI - Technical Designer (Contract)
Orlando Florida United States
14 days ago
UI - Technical Designer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
The UI - Technical Designer participates in the design and programming of high-quality user-interfaces for EA Sports titles. Reporting to the team Development Director, you will help establish and extend the look and feel of the UI across multiple game modes and features for an unannounced title.
- Work with the Lead UI Artist, other UI Tech Designers, and Game Designers in defining and communicating the visual language and interface look and feel
- Develop and help create UI design, game menus, interactive prototypes, artwork, and motion design to meet design goals and support the look and feel
- Programs, creates and debugs user interface aspects of games that tie in the front-end UI with the backend codebase
- Manipulate UI content and assets and improve file size and configurations
- Specs out development tasks and generates time estimates when needed
- Follow coding standards, and document work
What Skills does EA look for?
- Degree in Art, Animation, Design, or related field preferred
- 2+ years visual scripting experience (e.g. Unreal)
- 2D Timeline Animation
- Experience with HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Principles
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator