This job might no longer be available.
UI Technical Designer- College Football (Contract)
6 days ago
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
You will support NCAA College Football within EA Sports. EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
What you will do:
- You will collaborate with a team of UI technical designers, artists, UX designers, and Software Engineers to develop the user interface.
- You will champion best practices for UI architecture with the goal of the organization, and reusability, and with the thought of developing a live product that is easily updatable.
- You will advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- You will work with the UI team (artists, Engineers, and Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to ship.
- You will use both proprietary software and third-party tech to implement the visual design of the UI / HUD within the game.
- You will report to the Lead UI Technical Designer
- 2+ years of UI technical design and implementation experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Java, ActionScript, C#, Swift, and HAXE to build complex user interfaces
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
- Experience developing projects from concept to completion
- A portfolio of work that showcases relevant work
- BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, UX/UI/Design Diploma or Degree, or a related area
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $37 - $55
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $34 - $50
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $34 - $55
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.