This job might no longer be available.
UI Technical Artist [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
8 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Creating UI for in-game screens, features, and content. Utilizing our node-based (visual scripting language) in Snowdrop
- Collaborating with all disciplines necessary to deliver features on time, in line with the art direction, and with the players best interest in mind
- Ensuring our UI is optimal with continual iteration and development
You as a person
You enjoy creating content (or realizing content based on concepts) and are not afraid of taking initiative. You've an eye for quality and are always seeking to improve. You enjoy solving problems and are able to think both technically and artistically, considering accessibility and optimization in your work. You are comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team and you are team-oriented. You have a positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience as a Technical UI Artist on video game projects or clients/studios in the creative entertainment industries
- Ability to find and debug issues within content
- A relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or equivalent work experience
Is a bonus if you have:
- Experience with node-based, visual scripting game engines (e.g. Snowdrop, Unreal or Unity)
- Proven experience developing UI or a directly related field (UI/UX) from a game production through to release
- Understanding of various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect & 3D software)
- Experience in scripting/programming
- Knowledge in Shading in nodes (HLSL/GLSL)
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.