UI Engineer - Contract
12 days ago
Playground Games are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic UI Engineer on an initial fixed term contract
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
Your passion for writing quality software using strong engineering practices will enable you to develop the world leading user interface of a AAA title. You are enthusiastic about delivering the best possible user experience for all our players, across a variety of platforms, input devices, languages, and preferences.
You’ll work closely with Art and Design teams, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to empower developers to realise their vision.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills.
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for games
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of user interface best practices, including Localization and Accessibility
- Experience implementing user interfaces on a range of platforms and input devices
- Experience of working on current-gen consoles
- Knowledge of console certification requirements
- Experience working with WPF and XAML
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.