Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
Infinity Ward has opened a brand new studio in Austin, TX. The studio will work on creating new and innovative experiences for Call of Duty® and create state of the art technology to power them. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment to unleash your creativity and help make the extraordinary.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As a UI Engineer you will be actively coding and engineering UI screens for various aspects of the game. You will need to possess practical knowledge of LUA scripting language with the ability to implement content into the game engine. Qualified candidates will need to have a strong background in engineering human graphical interfaces and have a well-rounded understanding of user experiences applicable to console games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms.
- Collaborate with other internal departments. (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios.
- Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams.
- Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
- Mentor more junior engineers and be an efficiency multiplier for the team.
- 3+ years of UI development experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code.
- Aptitude for UX design.
- Background in ActionScript programming.
- Background in C# programming.
- Background in Lua programming.
- Experience with console development. (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Closely collaborated with offsite engineers on a large project.
“We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.”
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.