This job might no longer be available.
Stockholm Stockholm County SE
4 months ago
Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a UI Artist for an unannounced title being developed in Stockholm. We are searching for artists who can push the boundaries of UI art and animation, consider issues from numerous angles (Art/Design/Tech) and take efficient actions to achieve their vision. You will work closely with the UI/UX Design and Art teams to build assets and animations that are compelling, useful and visually stunning.
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator fluency
- Experience in creating dynamic, animating UIs
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with graphic design and typography
- Experience working with game UIs
- Good portfolio: high quality execution and creative sensibility
- Good communication skills: need to both understand and accurately express tricky concepts with designers.
Nice to have
- Experience with using tools like Adobe After Effects to generate UI animation and previz
- Games industry experience, having worked on published games
- Experience in frontend / web development
- Working with UI/UX design to translate their requirements into appealing visual designs.
- Working with art direction to present that feedback in a visually compelling way that compliments the game design, direction and tone.
- Working with UI/UX designers to implement your vision of a dynamic, animated, living UI.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is also required. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
Alongside your project you will be a member of our knowledge based platform Crafts. In the UI Craft, you will meet and develop with other UI developers across projects. You share experiences and knowledge with each other, in order to learn and to be aligned on what makes the best UI and open-world experiences.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com