Trust and Safety Lead
8 days ago
We are looking for a people-focused, passionate, and empathetic Trust and Safety lead who will help drive our mission of keeping Discord users safe,while supporting the growth of a team of skilled Trust and Safety professionals.
What you'll be doing
- Managing a team of individual contributors and supporting them with their work in our ticket queue, proactive spaces, and other daily tasks.
- Provide mentorship and guidance in goal setting and skill building.
- Rolling up your sleeve and contributing to daily queue work and occasionally participating in an on-call rotation for urgent safety concerns
- Serve as the main point of contact for direct reports in matters that need to be escalated
- Contributing to quarterly and annual goals set by Trust and Safety
What you should have
- 1-2 years managing or mentoring people
- 1-2 years of experience in Trust and Safety or related work
- A cover letter (this is mandatory). Don’t skip this one!
- Passion for supporting both your team and our users
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- We are looking for candidates either in the Raleigh, North Carolina or approved East Coast states
- Familiarity with Discord
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks of PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.