Transcreation Specialist - French (7-Months Contract)
The Pokémon Company International
7 days ago
The Transcreation Specialist role requires a native speaker of French with proven ability to translate and proofread text from English for video game-related promotional material and review its implementation.
The position requires an excellent command of language and the ability to write in an engaging style while sticking to brand guidelines, alongside an eye for detail.
For the language of expertise:
- Localisation and proofreading of a wide variety of video game-related material such as press releases, websites, social media copy or video subtitles.
- Using a tone both engaging and appropriate for the local audience and the channel of communication while staying true to the source text information and brand directions.
- Reviewing, revising, and proofing of translated material in context.
- Maintaining consistency of terminology and style.
- Ensuring accuracy of contents by gaining a thorough knowledge of games being promoted.
- Collaborating with other languages in order to keep high level of standards and quality across all languages.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Native level language skill of the localisation language and fluent English language skill.
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise.
- Creative writing style, adaptable to the type of contents.
- Excellent attention for details, ability to understand how different tasks can interact, handling of existing glossaries.
- Proficiency in MS Office Package, especially Excel and Word.
- Usage of CAT tools, in particular MemoQ, and a bility to learn new processes and software.
- F lexibi lity, ability to multi-task and work under pressure (unpredictable schedule s, tight deadlines).
- Good team-player and strong communication skills.
- Passion for video games, preferably for the Pokémon brand. Experience in the industry a strong plus.
- 2 -4 years of editing experience publishing under regular deadlines preferred.
- Operate at a level to do what it takes to get the job done
- All selected applicants will need to take a 3 to 4-hour aptitude test to measure their skills as part of the interview process.