Trainee, KYC Compliance Analyst - UK
7 days ago
Linden Lab, our overall parent company. develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and thrive within virtual experiences.
Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life , the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
Tilia Inc. , founded in 2017, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linden Research, Inc., and a licensed money transmitter in the U.S. Tilia enables publishers of video games and virtual worlds to create in-world economies and monetize user interaction. Built to be robust, flexible, and secure, Tilia powers virtual economies of leading and cutting-edge publishers with hundreds of millions of dollars in circulation.
Tilia UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilia Inc. and is applying to the FCA to become authorized as an electronic money institution in order to issue e-money and provide certain payment services activities to customers in the UK.
At Linden, we value a workplace that’s as diverse as our products. As we continue to grow, we remain dedicated to building a company that is rooted in organizational health, strengths-based leadership, and the belief that teams are stronger than individuals.
If you want access to the forefront of virtual words, this is the place for you. We’ve created space for everyone to find belonging and invite you to come as you are.
A fantastic opportunity to begin your career in the Fintech and Gaming sector, the Trainee, KYC Compliance Analyst will learn to play a critical role in conducting research, analysis, and ongoing customer due diligence related to potentially suspicious activities in an online environment.
As part of the Financial Crimes Compliance (“FCC”) Team, Trainee Compliance Analyst will learn the principals of financial crime compliance, understand the risks associated with fraud and money laundering and will learn how to monitor for and assess issues, patterns, and trends associated with money laundering, sanctions, terrorist financing, fraud, and other financial crime-related risks.
This role reports to the Senior Compliance Manager for Tilia UK and is responsible for reviewing high volumes of customer applications and follow-up with customers to resolve issues or obtain additional documentation as needed. The KYC Compliance Specialist will also be responsible for supporting the FCC team, including efficient detection and investigation of customers and transactions deemed potentially suspicious per Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (“BSA/AML”) regulations.
What We’ll Offer You
The stability of an established company with startup momentum. An unparalleled opportunity to create relationships, systems, strategy and culture. An environment where your voice will be heard and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
At Tilia, you will also be part of the LindeLab family and you’ll be surrounded by creators, supporters, advocates, strategists, and hilarious human beings - all of whom are eager to collaborate and grow alongside you. We are at the sizzling intersection of metaverse, gaming and FinTech. As a Trainee, KYC Compliance Analyst we will also offer you:
- A fantastic start to your career in compliance within the fintech financial services sector.
- External training with an accredited training provider leading to a recognised qualification in the field of financial compliance.
- Internal on-the-job and off-the-job training.
- Opportunity to work internationally with teams in the US and Ireland
- A starting salary of £20,000 per year with regular salary increments whilst you are undergoing vocational training.
- Paid holidays and time off for study.
What We’ll Create Together
- A safe and secure space for fans and creators of online worlds and virtual content to transact while maintaining compliance with all applicable BSA/AML regulations
- Thoroughly documented and researched analysis of customer due diligence submissions in line with applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies
- Enhanced due diligence (“EDD”) on higher risk customers and complex investigative files completed within specified timeframes
- A best-in-class Financial Crimes Compliance Team, including efficient detection and investigation of customers and transactions deemed potentially suspicious per Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (“BSA/AML”) regulations
- An open and collaborative environment for all Team Members to contribute ideas, identify potential gaps and make recommendations to further enhance the AML and Compliance programs
- A Team known for supporting other Financial Crimes Compliance functions as needed, including OFAC screening, transaction monitoring, and recordkeeping
- Opportunities to attend industry and Company training to stay informed of emerging financial crime trends and changes to applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- A team culture of transparency, collaboration, continuous learning and best practices
- A better, safer virtual world!
What You’ll Bring to the Team
At Linden, we celebrate all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognize that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- GCSE Grade 1-3 in Maths and English
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft and Google suite of products
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and to be able to identify patterns and gaps.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor
- Ability to work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Comfortable executing independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills
Work Environment & Physical Demands
As a remote-first company, we take great care to ensure an inclusive experience for all Tilias. You may be offered the opportunity to travel to company meetings and events, however this is not a requirement. We aim to optimize for remote attendance, not just accommodate it.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in a remote office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The Fine Print
Tilia celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.