Trainee Environment Artist
7 days ago
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Create high quality realistic and stylized next gen game environment buildings, props and landscapes
- Sculpt and model high and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Ensure assets created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Have an eager attitude to improve and continually develop required skills through personal learning and training
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
For this role you need:
- Ideal candidates with interest of working in a gaming studio
- Good understanding of core 3D modeling skills using Max/Maya and ZBrush
- Strong Photoshop skills and ability to create both photorealistic and stylized hand painted textures
- A good understanding of PBR work flow, and procedural software’s such as Substance Painter and Quixel Suite
- Good understanding of any modern game engines, for example Unreal and Unity
- A strong portfolio with high and low poly modeling and texturing examples
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.