Tools Software Engineer - F1
12 days ago
Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years. We're a world-leader in the development of racing titles across studios in the UK and Malaysia. We've been creators and guardians of some of the most adored titles and are proud to be the home of the official games of FORMULA ONE.
Ask anyone in Team Codies what the secret to our success is and they'll tell you it's about the people; the creativity; the vision; the tech and the family: One Codemasters. We've reached where we are today by raising the game, empowering people and sharing our passion to make the greatest racing games in the world.
We’re looking for a Tools programmer to help engineer critical tools that will underpin development of the game. You’ll be involved in solving complex and technical challenges, as well as working with developers from all disciplines to understand and improve their workflows. Throughout, you will be supported by some of the best in the industry, who will help improve your existing knowledge and skillset.
Personal progression and development opportunities are important to us here at Codemasters, as is having access to some of the most cutting-edge technology, that has been perfected over many years worth of work and know-how.
What you will need to be considered for this role:
- You’ll need to have a good understanding of C# - we'll consider experience outside of the Games industry
- An understanding of scripting languages, such as Python, will be beneficial
- Have knowledge of GUI Toolkits (e.g. WPF, Qt, WxWidgets) as well as User Interface Design
- Be a problem solver and enjoy working with and understanding complex systems.
- Be a strong communicator and collaborate on a shared codebase as you take on feedback from the wider team
In return we offer can offer you:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A state-of-the-art studio work environment
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus scheme
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement