This job might no longer be available.
Test Automation Engineer (Software Engineering)
4 months ago
A bit about us:
The Video Gaming Industry is estimated to be worth $ 178.73
Billion, with over 3.24
Billion gamers worldwide. Games have become a prominent part of modern life, but we believe that games can provide more than just entertainment value for the time and money invested. At Immutable, we are combining blockchain technology and gaming expertise to solve this problem with our hugely successful TCG, Gods Unchained. Blockchain allows players to truly own their in-game items and to trade and sell items among themselves, all without losing the joy at the heart of what it means to play.
We are looking for a passionate, junior to mid-level, Test Automation Engineer to scale Testing across all of GU for Immutable Studio. The purpose of this role is to advocate for Quality and strategise it through focusing on implementation and the elevation of automated solutions to our product delivery pipeline alongside Squad engineering teams, all while increasing visibility over Quality.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build test automation frameworks and develop user critical path scenarios
- Identify and select user paths for automation as part of squad functional work
- Reporting coverage metrics and ensuring they are above the threshold
- Interact with Game and Software Engineering to identify engineer pain points that can be automated
- Document processes for improving automation approaches where applicable
- Improve and maintain automation framework for regression testing across Game Engine client as first priority
- Collaborate with team members to optimise and implement new automated solutions for longevity that improve release efficiency and speed across Gods unchained
- Improve and maintain automation framework for regression testing across multiple web platforms where applicable
- Contribute to software engineering and internal tooling
- Devise and advocate for the quality strategies on your team to deliver quality every step of the product life cycle
- Be autonomous in your work and use your own initiatives to find strategies that work best for your squad
We would love you to have:
- Proven experience working with Engineers in strategising delivering Quality
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines and maintaining them
- Knowledge of dev-ops methodologies such as Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- 2-4 years experience working in Test Engineering or QA
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience in creating automated tests for a game build pipeline
- Previous experience with Jenkins or Github Actions
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with C# and C++
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family!
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.