Test Automation Engineer (Mobile)
9 days ago
Product Madness is one of the world's largest mobile game studios, with a global presence. Founded in 2007, we’re today a top-grossing leader in social casino mobile games that are crafted with passion and commitment. Our ambition is to entertain millions of players around the world with our remarkable titles that include Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lighting Link and FaFaFa™ Gold.
We are Mad about games and the way they bring people together, and that passion and culture is what holds us together as a studio, connects us with the partners we collaborate with, and is what links us to our sister studios across the world.
Job Posting TitleTest Automation Engineer (Mobile)
SummaryReporting into the Technical Test Manager, you will help build, maintain, and improve the automated framework across our portfolio of applications. You will work closely with our dedicated offshore automation team as well as our in house Client, Middleware and CI teams to establish a foundation of automated tests to both improve QA efficiency and extend our quality coverage.
Additionally, you will be involved in issue investigation, writing and sharing technical documentation, all the while liaising and collaborating with the various manual QA teams through Workshops and other technical training programs.
What You'll Do
Skills and Requirements
- Hands on experience with Selenium/Appium or similar tools for automating tests on mobile and web
- Ensure that automation is aiding projects be released to the highest quality across the business, both in terms of defect mitigation and usability experience
- Ability to coordinate a dedicated team of offshore testers while working closely with the Technical Test Manager and the business
- Demonstrable experience in end to end test automation, building frameworks from scratch, the correct approach to take in different scenarios etc
- A strong understanding of agile development with the ability to cover for the Technical Test Manager and drive the automation project forwards in periods of their absence
- Keep business stakeholders up to date with QA reports on milestone progression, priorities and blockers
- Aligning with the Technical Test Managers vision, ensure automation best practices are being followed, providing feedback and suggestions to better them where necessary
- Work alongside the Technical Test Manager to capture monthly Technical KPI data to be discussed with the project team through automation
- Support the Technical Test Manager in attaining the teams financial year goals through ownership and tracking of personal KPOs / OKRs
- Understand our sister companies automation journeys, sharing experiences and learning from one another while assessing where crossover efforts could benefit all parties
- Strong Object Oriented Programming knowledge in (but not restricted to) C# or Java
- Advocate good engineering practices such as Test Driven Development and SOLID principles
- A clean code evangelist that will advocate for a TDD approach to better the quality of our apps through enhanced unit testing
- Experienced with project dependency management tools such as Gradle or Maven for building applications in Unity with 3rd party plugins and dependencies
- Experienced in Continuous Integration/Deployment (Bamboo/Jenkins or similar) for continuous testing and delivery
- Be knowledgeable in scripting (Bash, Python, others) for testing and building via the command line
- Experienced with source control versioning tools (Git/Gitflow) for managing testing and development across multiple features in parallel
- BDD experience using Gherkin/Cucumber or similar to give a clear indication of the business logic the automated tests are asserting against
- Unity3D experience as well as experience working on mobile automation projects to be able to build automation binaries locally to physical devices
- Docker experience for running multiple tests in parallel through containers and emulators
- Good knowledge in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and where automation can better process and efficiency
What We're Looking For
- A healthy interest in how things work, not just being content that it does
- Can be depended on to take initiative in investigating and solving complex issues
- Sociable and enjoy spending time amongst colleagues and with the wider teams
- Exceptional verbal/written communication with an excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management, accountability, and organisational skills
- A proactive attitude towards QA and capable of working in a high-pressure Agile environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A strong commercial awareness with an understanding of business priorities and goals
- Ability to travel to our offshore team (averaging 5 days a year)
- Exceptional reporting capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA and / or similar bug tracking tools
- Scope change doesn’t scare you!
- Nor do new things!
Why Product Madness ?
Product Madness is so much more than just a Pool table and a foosball game.
We believe in an honest and transparent approach with our teammates. Company wide weekly Town Halls, All Hands and strategy meetings are just a few ways in which we encourage an open and honest path to achieving complete transparency.
Despite a pandemic, there isn’t a day where we don’t feel connected to one another.
With frequent events, workshops, giveaways, slack coffee and donut sessions we have definitely brought on our office culture to this new virtual world of zoom calls.
We also try to cater for all our staff’s needs – be that a freshly brewed cappuccino made by our professional barista in our free coffee shop or by providing a bountiful supply of tasty snacks to keep us refueled and buzzing.
We love to organise plenty of social get-togethers and action-packed activity days, be it slipping inside an inflatable bumper ball for a mad session of football zorbing or throwing caution to the wind and traversing giddy treetop rope courses at Go Ape. On top of these team-building activities, our lunch and learn workshops, not to mention the lavish Christmas and summer parties, foster that ‘work hard, play hard’ mantra. Our offices are based in the heart of the metropolises of London and Lviv, surrounded by an abundance of diversity and inspiration to keep those ideas flowing.
People FirstWe have the deepest respect for our people and their well being. We know they are exceptionally talented and will always have a choice. We want them to re-choose us every day. We are committed to building a culture where each person's voice will always be heard and addressed.
MAD for MoreAlways improving, innovating and never settling for the existing. We push all boundaries with courage and ambition to become the world’s best games company.
Globally InclusiveWe are all Equal - regardless of the language we speak, where we live, our gender, religion or culture we come from. We want to build a global home, where everyone has the equal opportunity to make an impact.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Customer FocusedWe always think from the customer's perspective - be it players or internal customers.Improving their experience and joy is what drives us. Every client's success is our big win!