This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Test Analyst
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
We are looking for an analytical advocate of quality. As a Test Analyst, you will contribute to the testing efforts by generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills and passion for improving our processes will give gamers the best experiences in the arena.
- Execute provided testing tasks with an emphasis on manual test execution, test library maintanence, and test closure activities
- Work closely with other developers as content is delivered to ensure requirements are both verified and validated
- Use KPIs to validate and report against software quality SLAs
- Be a creative thinker who can test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Responsible for working within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Support the test design effort through the creation and modification of test cases and work estimations
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or approximately 3 years of equivalent experience
- Understanding of the fundamental test process
- Analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understand various SDLC best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Passion for games and software quality
- Background in creating art and knowledge of how art is created.
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- CTFL, ISTQB or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.