Test Analyst, Overwatch Tools
13 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Test Analyst, Overwatch Tools
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work fully on-site at an Activision Blizzard office.
- Utilize advanced testing methodologies to deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure strategies focused around Overwatch's proprietary game engine and tools
- Approach software development from a Grey-box perspective; using established developer toolsets to build custom test scenarios
- Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested
- Identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Propose and influence new measures and critical metrics to validate and report on software quality
- Coach others as they develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training, constructive feedback, and mentorship
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies including but not limited to, Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard or other proprietary game development toolsets
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Passion for games and software quality
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $16.62 - $30.77 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.