Temporary QA Associate
5 days ago
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a temporary QA Associate to work about 40 per week depending on workload.
This is a 12-month temporary position .
Our headquarters are in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff work remotely with the option to work in-office, if desired.
You will be working with the QA Content Team to create and follow test plans, perform ad-hoc, creative, and structured testing on mobile applications. Our ideal candidate should possess excellent writing skills as our games are heavily story driven, have familiarity working on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, and have knowledge in testing applications on iOS and Android devices.
Given our small-studio format, you might find yourself wearing a variety of hats; candidates should be open and eager to learn new skills.
- At least 1-2 years of QA test experience in a work environment
- Strong in English
- Familiarity with the mechanics of playing mobile games on iOS and Android devices in order to test and report bugs
- Willingness to work under direction and independently
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and prioritize effectively
- Strong communication skills for effectively conveying issues found with the writing team
- Technical proficiency (some computer science coursework is a plus, but not necessary)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- For local employees that elect to work in-studio, a relaxed office environment with free food and snacks
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
- A current resume and a cover letter, highlighting QA Game Testing or other relevant work experiences
- At the end of the cover letter, answer the following question:
- What is your favorite video game of all time and why? Be as specific as possible
- Responses that are two sentences or less will not be accepted
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.