Technical Writer, CXS Core Tech
8 months ago
Job Posting TitleTechnical Writer, CXS Core Tech
SummaryThe Technical Writing team manages Aristocrat’s technical product content. We are a team of highly talented Technical Writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and field technicians for documenting the organization’s products.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to develop high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. The Technical Writer creates documents for both, highly technical and non-technical users. We deliver varied form of documents, such as User Guides, Help File, Installation Instructions, Release Notes, Technical Notes, Support Notes, Known Issues, and so on.
The Technical Writer’s role is to develop written information and documentation about the organization’s products, tool sets, templates, publication standards, etc. Outputs include a range of informative, procedural, and technical documents to be used by internal/external technical and non-technical personnel, such as casino operators, players, technicians, Aristocrat employees and for product certification. Additionally, the Technical Writer contributes to the global technical writing team to assist with company-wide initiatives and defining standards for technical communications.
What You'll Do
- Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of documents, including user, configuration, architecture, installation, and deployment software manuals; internal standards; document templates; presentations; and more.
- Edit written developer documentation as well as other technical content to create unified and consistent documents.
- Collaborate with development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Experience working with DITA authoring, write new documentation using topic-based structured authoring guidelines and with minimalist intent.
- Write and edit content using XML authoring tools and Content Management System (CMS).
- Liaise with directors, managers, product owners, and end users to identify and define processes, procedures, requirements, and specifications to establish documentation needs for the products and deployment including, but not limited to, software and game-related systems and processes.
- Ensure timely delivery of a documentation set(s) within an Agile product lifecycle.
- Report regularly to stakeholders the progress of each project including all outstanding dependencies.
- Perform peer editing and production reviews using an internal company Standards Guide, Information Model, and industry standards.
- Ensure final documents are usable and of high quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent experience. Along with Technical Writing Certification.
- If Above criteria is not met, then B-Tech in Computer Science.
- A background working with technology development is highly desirable.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in technical writing and document preparation.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.