Technical Team Lead - Products
4 months ago
Job Title:Technical Team Lead - Products
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our massive franchises. We have launched well over 100 games, and our services connect multiple millions of players each day into epic entertainment experiences.
While Call of Duty continues to push us to build bigger and better systems year on year. We also have a strong history of supporting great franchises such as Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny, Diablo, Guitar Hero, and Skylanders.
Our success comes for our talented and passionate people. Our work environment is welcoming and collaborative, we deliver on time and at scale.
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
We are looking for a technical lead to join the Social Team. Our team focuses on systems that allow our players to engage with one another. As the technical lead, you will help drive technical direction that will help connect players with each other in meaningful ways.
Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible.
Meaning you will impact the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
Awesome, what will my “day-to-day” look like?
You will work side by side with internal teams and game studios at Activision, to make radical game designs a reality at massive scale. You will guide and facilitate design and decision making around Demonware’s online services and tech stack. You will collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and product roadmap. You will organize and coordinate the work of the team to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware.
You will support the team own, operate and support the services and features they develop. You will provide technical mentorship to team members through software engineering best practices. You are not expected to be the line manager of team members.
This is a full-time position at Demonware’s Vancouver Office in Canada.
What would you like to see in my background or interests?
- 6 or more years of experience in a similar technical leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience will be considered)
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting scalable services in production
- Experience ensuring the software produced by your team achieves the quality bar expected
- Experience ensuring your team's software development process works effectively and supports the pace and needs of the project
- Interest in analyzing requirements and making corresponding design decisions
- Interest to own the day-to-day fundamentals of engineering projects and steer their technical direction with minimal supervision
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies
- Interest in travel to assist on-site integration at game studios and able to accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call
- Experience with SQL and database design, specifically MySQL
- Interest in networking technologies and their security and scalability, e.g. TCP, UDP
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
- Experience with problems of large scale, and handling millions of connections a plus
- Experience in Python, MySQL or Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox, and Playstation
- Interest in large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience as a scrum product owner desirable
- C++ skills desirable