Technical Support Agent - Gaming #989
9 days ago
Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: WFH
Work Hours: Fulltime
As a Technical Support Agent, you will collaborate directly with customers, agents, engineers, developers, and internal teams to troubleshoot issues, document details, and follow process to drive to resolution.
As part of a specialized internal Technical Support Core team, you are the liaison between engineering, the customer, and internal teams to surface the actual issue (from customer description), identify information that is pertinent to the issue, and document it for our developers.
- This role will handle support tickets via webform messaging, so written communication skills are critical.
- A successful TS agent can quickly identify known issues, provide resources, answer questions, and be ready to dig into technical issues.
- Many tickets require deeper investigation, such as replicating an issue, testing workarounds, and researching solutions.
- Others involve digging into the user’s configuration and other details to drive the ticket into our bug database for triage.
- You will also have opportunities to engage with developers as you serve as a liaison between them and customers on complex bugs.
- Performance Technical Support Agent performance success is based on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) including number of tickets handled with high-quality interactions, writing/grammar on ticket interactions, and following processes.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians .
- Private workspace where no other household occupants or visitors may hear meetings or conversations – no shared workspace.
- Screen/workstation that is not visible to others in the household nor visible to others outside the home.
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues.
- Internet data is at a high or unlimited cap to not affect regular downloads of updated builds.
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours.
- Candidates must provide a screenshot of their speed test result.
- If candidate does not currently meet the network requirement:
- Candidate is committing to meeting the network requirement by their start date if an offer is received and mutually accepted.
- 2 or more years' experience as a support agent.
- Proven capabilities in Visual Studio or a similar database for entering and tracking bugs.
- Comfortable working in and meeting in Teams, managing and attending meetings as a lead and participant.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience with confidential product releases.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree, technical training certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with AAA Sci-Fi FPS franchises.
- A passion for AAA Sci-Fi FPS games, Xbox, and gaming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with players in a clear, concise, and polite manner when the entire conversation is via webform.
- Strong grammar, punctuation, and linguistic skills.
- Ability to quantify and sort priorities of issues/bugs and recognize how they translate to the product.
- Independent problem solving, task tracking, and follow-through skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to remain driven even in work-from-home or busy office environments.
- Understanding of software/game development and troubleshooting.
- Experience identifying critical game UX components, builds, and game menus and settings.
- Zendesk experience
- Experience in webform-based support
- Program/project management experience
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits