This job might no longer be available.
Technical Program Manager, Live Operations, Amazon Games
26 days ago
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, Blue Protocol, Lost Ark, as well as other unannounced projects.
Amazon Games is seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Live Operations team in Seattle (flexibility for San Diego as well). In this role you will be the point person for making sure that games and applications are well-integrated with Amazon, Steam and console platform features and work properly.
Developers and publishers, as well as senior leadership will rely on you to assist with integrations, such as Steamworks & console features, as well as proprietary and external technologies, general technical issues and business decisions. You will have great communication and prioritization skills with a clear focus on providing the best possible customer experience. The ability to be self-directed, while still providing excellent service to partners, is critical.
Key job responsibilities
- Be the subject matter expert for distribution platform SDKs for Amazon Games LiveOps team
- Lead the building, testing, configuring, creating, and preparing product for release
- Be the gatekeeper for what is and isn’t integrated; having deep knowledge of C++ and guiding second-party (2P) development to integration paths
- Debug problems with services
- Work with different internal groups and partners to create new platform features, tools and initiatives, all while building at an Amazon scale
- Translate customer requirements into specific tasks and assigning those tasks to relevant functional areas
- Collect, prioritize, track, and drive customer-reported issues to resolution/closure
- Partner with stakeholders and cross-functional partners to identify, document, and communicate project/program scope, schedule, risks, and issues in multiple time zones
- Effectively negotiate; be able to make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules, while being willing to readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and engineering outcomes
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 7+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5 + years of games industry experience
- Experience with at least one live games title
- Understanding of live game services and the complexities of running a live product
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Technical leadership role launching 2+ AAA titles
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience with a wide variety of development practices including waterfall, scrum/agile delivery models, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $101,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $197,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.