Technical Program Manager III - Player Platform, Program Management
7 days ago
Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runterra, VALORANT, and League of Legends. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it’s an exciting time to be a Rioter.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) at Riot, you will coordinate important development projects and lead the integration of Riot's games with Player Platform’s suite of products. . As a TPM on the Program Management team in Player Platform , you excel at condensing the million moving parts of platform development and game development into strategic points of focus between our development teams, smooth the process of platform development and integration before, during, and after launch. Player Platform serves our game and product develope rs.
You will report to the Manager, Program Management.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex cross-pillar programs centered around Riot's strategic priorities.
- Create program plans with cross functional teams such as creative, architecture, operations, technical teams, and leadership.
- Plan and scope cross team projects within Player Platform.
- Evangelize processes and delivery methodologies to ensure we accomplish our program goals.
- Facilitate and manage Agile project management ceremonies and processes for large or team-of-team project teams.
- Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves milestones against its objective.
- Organize program-level planning, communication, and team member rituals.
- Standardize communications best practices, nomenclature, and tools between platform teams and their customers.
- Manage risks and issues across programs and within teams.
- Foster transparency and predictability by building and maintaining roadmaps for assigned programs.
- Maintain partner relationships, providing visibility into workstreams and maintaining partner satisfaction.
- Assist in the creation of product release and go-to-market plans.
- Understand fiscal practices and controls, recording, and reporting on program expenditures & ROI.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with iterative development methodologies like Scrum & Agile, and have used supporting software (i.e. JIRA)
- Experience in software development, infrastructure, or live operations management
- Experience with iterative development methodologies like Scrum & Agile, and have used supporting software (i.e.: JIRA)
- Understanding technical components of projects including architecture, tools and deployment practices that development teams employ.
- Previous program experience in a large distributed organization.
- Experience managing software/video game products through the entire life cycle – from conception, development and launch to maintaining and operating a live service.
- Experience working on a variety of software products in the gaming or entertainment space.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $151,000 USD - $211,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.