Technical Program Manager, Core
13 days ago
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to facilitate operations and communications within our Core teams, centered in Copenhagen. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other disciplines, supporting the teams in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company.
Here is a unique opportunity to work side by side with the teams involved in designing and developing the core features of our engine, from asset importing to scene management as well as scripting. Have you heard of Nested Prefabs? We made that magic happen! The area of influence of this role is broad, and has the potential to have enormous positive impact on our users.
For this role, you need to be comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your people skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
- Act as a collaborative force to help in-house teams work together fluently, embracing divergent priorities, processes, and cultures
- Use fluency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy for developers to support the teams in planning and delivering software without hampering progress or autonomy
- Working with engineering and product management, create and maintain a plan to achieve the teams’ strategic goals in line with the company mission
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Work closely with R&D support teams such as Release Management, Core Developer Services, etc. to help address problems of scale as Unity R&D continues to grow
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go bold
- Extensive experience in software production and project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization, or equivalent related experience
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, internal and external
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Experience working on enterprise-scale software
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset, be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Experience working with distributed teams across time zones
- Low-level software engineering experience
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.