13 days agoJoin our award-winning technical team!
IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Technical Producer to join our cross-game Backbone Technology team. The Backbone team develops and maintains the entire technology used across all the IO Interactive games as well as the foundation of what makes our games the successes they are by working on always improving our Glacier 2 engine, editors, tooling and online, to name a few. The main purpose is to drive and facilitate communication, planning and development, while acting as motivator for a team of talented programmers and engineers.
To keep this up, we're looking to expand the team with a technically founded producer who are able to proactively establish systems for planning, reporting, and controlling various aspects of production for our tools. Our new producer will report to the Executive Producer and will be working in close collaboration with the extended Backbone team, directors, leads as well as game management to achieve goals in time and quality oriented manner.
What you will do:
Who you are:
- Be the technical planning representative within game management – act as representative for the tech team within the game management group in coordination with Backbone’s management team
- Up-to-date alignment and tracking of the tech team’s goals in order to fully support the priorities and requirements of the project in coordination with the Backbone’s Executive Producer as well as the Technical Director
- Long-term planning and maintenance of the technology backlog in coordination with Backbone’s Technical Director and the studio’s CTO
- Short term planning and goal tracking within the team in alignment with the tech team Leads
- Management, coordination, and validation of builds and branches in coordination with game timelines and milestones
- Risk management and analysis
- Performance tracking on all levels of production on the project
- Participation in the interview process for the team
- Key stakeholder in employees’ performance review process
- Coming with suggestion for workflow improvements and production optimizations
- Tracking TCR/TRC requirements and other external technical certification requirements
- Aligning and managing requirements with external middleware providers
We’d love it if you had:
- You have profound knowledge of project management methods and software packages
- You have an understanding of general software development practices
- You know your way around system integration and version control
- Experience with software defect tracking methods
- Experience with being a go-to-persona nd solving conflicts
- Vast experience (5+ years) as a Technical Producer for a video game production or a comparable software production of similar complexity
Who we are:
- One or more shipped AAA console videogames as a Technical Producer
- Experience with JIRA
- Project management certifications such as Prince2, SCRUM, Kanban
- University diploma (or equivalent) in engineering and/or management
- Basic knowledge of C++ / C#
- Passion for video games
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
Oh, and did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
The position is open in our Malmö, Barcelona or Copenhagen studios. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English. For any questions, drop an email to Sandra, at email@example.com