Technical Localization Specialist
25 days ago
As a Technical Localization Specialist at Ubi Qc, you'll play a direct part in the internationalization of a game. You’ll support its multi-language localization by handling the extraction, integration, and debugging of all assets to be localized.
While liaising between production teams, you act as a link between external localization partners and the game in development. You connect our partners to content and provide context, so that the game’s essence comes through, no matter the language.
What you’ll do
- Partner with your project manager to understand the overall game and the project scope.
- Format and organize assets to be localized and adapted (dialogue, audio, etc.) for every market the game will be released in.
- Provide external partners with context & keep them updated of any changes to the game.
- Integrate localized assets into the game.
- Work with the quality control team and external partners to test content quality and integration.
- Coordinate any debugging to be done.
- Contribute to coming up with solutions to optimize the localization process.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Localization, Linguistics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in localization, linguistics, translation, or related experience.
- Ability to communicate in English and French*
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + basic familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and character encodings (e.g. Unicode, UTF8, ANSI, ASCII, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the market and all stages of development + a passion for video games.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit & a whole lot of flexibility.
- A keen eye for detail.
*Knowledge of a third language a huge plus !
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.