Technical Lighting Artist
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Technical Lighting Artist to help push the quality and innovation to the next level with our talented art team!
- Develop innovative strategies and techniques to maximize the visual quality of our games whilst maintaining performance.
- Collaborate with the tech-art team to develop lighting related blueprints and other lighting effects, to create dynamic lighting gameplay elements.
- Assist in developing an efficient pipeline for lighting.
- Work to maximise game performance.
- Work with the leads and other art team members to ensure consistent visual quality.
- Design and implement lighting for game levels.
- Mentor and assist the team to improve their technical skills.
- 5+ years of leading-edge game art experience in a technical position and must have shipped more than one 3D title on current-gen consoles.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Strong collaborative skills to work closely with art director, lead and other artists.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A great artistic eye for detail, composition and cinematography.
- Good knowledge and understanding of color theory and color scripts
- A strong understanding of modern 3D engines, art pipelines, and the techniques and technology behind them.
- A deep understanding of game art optimization.
- Technical proficiency in understanding proprietary tools and technology.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of PBR workflow.
- Must be familiar with industry standard 3D software (Maya, Unreal, Substance etc.) We are an Unreal / Maya studio
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Areas of Expertise:
A technical lighting artist will have the artistic skills of a lighting artist and will be able to bring more technical expertise to the position. They can write some code, scripts and blueprints to assist with pipeline development and the team in general. They can find creative and smart ways to achieve great lighting effects in an efficient manner. They will support and collaborate with the art team to help them achieve their visual goals
- Experience working with VR.
- Expert in Unreal Engine.
- Python/C++ experience
- Understanding of realtime raytracing
- Experience of cinematic lighting pipelines
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.