Technical Lead (Technology Group)
2 months ago
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As video games become more complex, so too does the challenge of delivering on their quality. As a technical lead within the TG, you’ll help overcome this hurdle.
You’ll provide development teams with advanced technologies and techniques to detect, diagnose, and correct anomalies of all kinds.
To do so, you’ll steer a team of programmers towards an innovative technical vision, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints to turn it into reality.
Thanks to your expertise, credibility, and reliability, not only can your colleagues at the TG turn to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the team’s architect to define the project’s technical vision and roadmap for all components integrated into game engines, editors, and middleware.
- Regularly meet with your team of programmers to discuss progress and tackle setbacks.
- Write elegant and efficient code.
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work resourcefully and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Provide technical oversight by facilitating and evaluating technical designs, reviewing code, and performing technical validations to ensure a high level of optimization and quality.
- Work closely with other technical leads and the team’s architect to remove blockers and keep production moving forward.
- Help foster reuse, sharing, and collaboration.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Mastery of C and C++
- A deep understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming *
- Proficiency in code optimization (CPU, memory, IO)
- The ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- High quality standards
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
- A thorough grasp of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- The capacity to produce comparative analyses of technologies and evaluate development efforts
*Knowledge of REST APIs and distributed systems/microservices architecture, a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are.We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.