Technical Lead C++ (Mobile) for AAA Game Engine
4 days ago
Crytek is looking for a Lead Mobile Engineer to push the boundaries of mobile technology in CRYENGINE.
As Lead of the mobile team you will work very closely with CRYENGINE's leadership team and will not just provide technical direction, but also create a new mobile team, mentor colleagues and offer guidance and support in respect to their R&D efforts that will be shaping the mobile developments for CRYENGINE.
Along with the Technical Director you will define the roadmap of the CRYENGINE mobile technology stack and in consideration of internal projects and release dates oversee its execution.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Establish a dedicated mobile team to work on CRYENGINE for mobile with a strong focus on high-end devices.
- In collaboration with Game and Engine Technical Directors define and ensure execution of the CRYENGINE for mobile.
- Gather requirements together with the product team and set goals for the Mobile team.
- Lead the design and architecture of the code development and coordinate its implementation.
- Research the latest development in the Android frameworks to guarantee a successful engine integration and improvements.
- Plan development in coordination with development manager and the project management team.
- Delegate effectively while involving team members in the decision making process.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code and document it thoroughly.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations and set a standard for your team.
- Look for opportunities to present your team’s results in- and outside the company.
- Assist, mentor and train team members as needed.
- 7+ years of professional experience in C++
- Experience leading and coordinating development
- Experience on mobile development for Android
- Understanding of App Store (i.e. Google Play) procedures and workings
- Experience on game engines
- Experience on Android NDK and SDK
- Experience on profiling and performance optimizations
- Experience on Java
- Experience on mobile development for iOS
- Experience on graphics APIs (Vulkan, Metal, DirectX12)
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!