Technical Experience Designer - Advanced Technology Group
25 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
Our Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Technology organization, focusing on identifying and creating new, scalable technologies for game teams. We are looking for close collaboration with game teams, central art teams, and the Frostbite engine team; though the technologies developed can apply to many different engines, environments, and hardware platforms. You will work on our strategic, multi-year projects focused on improved creation pipelines and runtime functionality, both users facing and internal, for all EA SPORTS titles.
As a Technical Experience Designer, you will report to the Advanced Technology Group's Lead Development Director. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers, designers and artists. Your passion and expertise with the technical challenges of Game UI tools will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
What You'll Do:
- Use your technical expertise to build experiences that impact multiple EA SPORTS titles.
- Collaborate directly with Experience Designers, Producers and Engineers to prototype concepts and implement features.
- Work at the forefront of technology, pushing the boundaries of UI, character customization and user generated content.
- Experience taking UI designs and implementing them in a game engine.
- Experience building UI components and working with design systems.
- Experience implementing UI and motion graphic animations.
- Experience in node-based visual programming.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Lua
- Understanding of gaming platforms, their limitations, performance and requirements for UI solutions
- 2+ years of experience with AAA game development
- Experience working in a game engine such as Frostbite, Unity or Unreal
- Experience with versioning tools such as Perforce.
- Experience with Figma and Photoshop
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with 3D, shaders in particular,.
- You love a challenge and aren't afraid to address technical issues you don't know how to solve.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria): º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.