14 days ago
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated technical director to oversee and direct the AAA Avalanche Studio Division in Stockholm.
As the Technical Director, you will lead the technical excellence and architecture of the projects within the division. You will play a key role in bridging artistic vision and technical implementation by setting technical standards, driving innovation, and identifying synergies between projects within the division and across other business divisions.
To succeed in this role, you have to be passionate about games technology, be the natural technical leader, have excellent people skills, and be devoted to making fun, immersive games.
- Responsible for technical excellence and architecture of current and future Avalanche Studios project.
- Be the technical stakeholder for a new project and set us up for success.
- Set strategies for future technical development
- Identify possible technical synergies between all projects in the Avalanche studios group.
- Define technical requirements for project needs
- Facilitate communication both within and across disciplines and facilitate and encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and code between projects and divisions
- Work with and maintain positive relationships with our technical partners.
- Support and work with the Technical Director of each project.
- Be part of the Divisions Management team and member of the company’s Technology Board
- Worked from start to finish on at least one AAA console game, understanding of its architecture; understanding the engine, middleware, and their constraints
- Strong technical background with solid professional experience in C/C++ programming.
- Practical experience from different areas of game development as well as industry experience working as a Lead Programmer or Technical Director.
- Extensive knowledge in software development methods
- Strategic mindset and ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Proven team management and inter-discipline communication skills.
- Must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Be interested in upcoming new technologies and trends
- Experience from working with open-world games
- Experience in working with multiplayer games
- Experience from working with a proprietary engine.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.