This job might no longer be available.
15 days ago
At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contribution to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role:
The right candidate will need to have a good amount of experience leading development on a large game code base and can lead, architect, and implement critical game engine components.
He/she should be a senior engineer with a deep passion for game technology and in-depth knowledge of UE4 & UE5 Core systems and functionality. Most importantly, he/she needs to understand game networking and the architecture of Unreal.
- Lead a mid-sized C++ engineering team.
- Manage a large, already developed engine code base, understand and be able to extend it.
- Keep up to date on software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
- Manage all technical aspects of the project, work closely and manage a direct relationship with the client.
- 10+ years of experience in the creation and delivery of Game/Engine Technology and games
- Extensive professional programming experience using C++ and BPs and developing with Unreal Engine
- High level of familiarity and expertise with all areas of Unreal Engine, good knowledge of Unreal Engine API
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code and middleware
- Experience working with team leads to develop project structures, best practices, programming workflows. Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of game development facilitating the leadership of programmers outside of core expertise.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about making game/engine technologies.
- Experience with remote working
- At least one shipped console or PC title in the Lead Programmer role.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.