Technical Director - Tools
13 days ago
Crytek is looking for an experienced and innovative technical director for tools development in the CRYENGINE team. You would guide the development and maintenance of production tools and development processes that enable the creation of high-quality games in collaboration with the engine and game teams.
Relocation & Remote Work
For this position, you have the following options:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. Work remotely and visit our headquarters in Frankfurt on a regular basis. Details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
- Analyze Crytek's current use of internal and external development tools.
- Improve production and development workflows to create a smooth streamlined pipeline.
- Drive technical decisions and roadmap priorities for tools based on user and developer requirements.
- Cooperate with stakeholders in games and engine to define and balance goals for short- and long-term technical direction.
- Work with production staff and leads to scope tasks and requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and direction for tools engineering to ensure quality, performance, usability and stability of pipelines and workflows.
- Keep up to date with the latest tool technology and investigate how to use it to improve our engine.
- Take time to participate hands-on in architecture and development.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer for games or tools software.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Experience with multiple game engines.
- In-depth understanding of asset creation workflows and their integration in game engine projects.
- Experience in developing tools for content creation packages such as Maya, Blender, Houdini etc.
- Experience with Perforce version control software.
- Experience with tools for creating graphical user interfaces and cross-platform applications.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Experience with technical architecture and design.
- Good understanding of modern C++
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Experience with scripting languages, visual scripting and entity entitent component system architecture.
- Shipped AAA games on multiple hardware platforms, including Gen 9 consoles.
- Shipped a live service game with a large number of concurrent users.
What you can expect from us
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
Join us on our exciting company events, including new starter breakfasts, summer and winter parties, our annual trip to Gamescom in Cologne, and many more!*
We are all gamers: stay connected and play games with your colleagues at our remote gaming parties.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.