This job might no longer be available.
Technical Director, Security
18 days ago
Job Title:Technical Director, Security
Technical Director of Platform Security
The Platform Security team at Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a dedicated, passionate, and skilled senior leader to help secure, improve, and protect the Battle.net platform. Battle.net is the home of thousands of gamers world-wide, where players are engaged in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
Why work on just one game when you can work on all games? Platform Security is responsible for effective and efficient Anti-Cheat and Anti-Fraud systems and operations across all game titles published on Battle.net. As the Technical Director of the group, you will be responsible for the technical vision for the team, working closely with several engineering teams. This includes the definition, design, and realization of technical capabilities and services required to help ensure risks are mitigated and partner trust is protected and preserved.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned development leader who is passionate about creating and setting the technical vision creating technology to secure and protect our business and our players, with experience of managing and collaborating with multiple engineering teams. We value deep technical experience combined with the ability to partner with many different types of people across the company.
- Direct multiple teams of engineers to evaluate and implement platform-wide anti-cheat and fraud prevention capabilities
- Create vision, provide direction, and clearly articulate the value of anti-cheat and fraud prevention initiatives that improve the safety, security, and business viability of all game titles published on Battle.net.
- Effectively manage and mentor leaders and engineers
- Represent technical capabilities of the team with collaborators and executives, creating alignment across the platform and all game teams
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then completing them, proven experience and decision-making capabilities at this level.
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience in software or security development
- A minimum of 5 years experience successfully managing engineering teams or engineering leaders
- Experience in anti-cheat, anti-fraud, or other platform security missions
- Experience leading other technical and product managers across multiple disciplines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with executives and people in the business organization. Able to converse well with analysts, producers, and other engineers.
- Demonstrated success in building both high performance development teams and strong people, customer, and partner relationships
- Willingness and experience mentoring others, leading by example
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Proven record of solving problems, continuously improving systems and processes
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.