Technical Director - Rocksmith+
10 days ago
The Technical Director will be responsible for our long-term technology strategy for Rocksmith+, leading the US based engineering team, and collaborating with our international development team on technology and programming innovations.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely from other locations, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research, define, and uphold the technology vision for Rocksmith+ for the coming decade
- Work with Global IT teams to anticipate tech changes and mitigate risks
- Mentoring and managing a team of 5 US based engineers
- Enforce coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
- Direct and review the technical architecture on which Rocksmith+ lives
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation
- Leverage technical expertise to collaborate with other Directors and Executive Producer on establishing short- and long-term improvements for Rocksmith+
- Maintain a backlog from which the team will create tasks for programming and infrastructure teams
- Continually review the software and development process and identify areas that need improvement
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience in many aspects of software development (platforms, audio, gameplay, UI, networking, and automation)
- Extensive knowledge of C++ programming and debugging
- Curiosity to research and learn about music, education, and new technologies
- Inspirational communication style to help the team see future possibilities
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well other disciplines and international teams
- Experience using one or more commercial game engines for multiple platforms
Learn more about Rocksmith+ here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/rocksmith/plus
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.