Technical Director, Engineering - Player Developer Experience
Seattle Washington United States
10 days ago
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
Player and Developer Experience Platform Team
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The Player and Developer Experience team is driving the strategy and implementation of tools for our global community of developers. These programs include: The EA SDK, our cross-platform SDK, the EA Developer Console, our website developer and portal for managing and configuring our platform services, and the Content Engine, a knowledge store of all EA title information used to create personalized experiences for our players.
As a Technical Director, you will report to a Director of Engineering. You will develop major applications that are important to the success of EA’s platform. This means working with an awesome team, partnering with the teams which PDE supports, always with an eye on how to achieve the best quality capabilities and services that our players can rely on. As part of the broader Engineering leadership team, you will be an important contributor to several products and projects that require your expertise and consultation.
Being part of the PDE team means joining the team shaping EA’s developer experience and driving innovations to make our platform more powerful and easy to use. You will promote more efficient workflows for our global community of game developers to build the games our players love.
You’re someone with a track record for:
- Engineering expertise, with an understanding of operational considerations for shipping product to tens or hundreds of millions of users, including live service support considerations
- Maintain calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams and partners.
- Provide internal services and capabilities to internal customers as well and and users.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Broad technical experience including an advanced understanding of patterns across: Full stack software development Architecture & System Design, Scalability & Performance
- Experience with Continuous-Delivery, and Agile development, including feature flags and experimentation frameworks
- Among others, experience across back-end REST APIs, gRPC, a variety of build systems for C++, Java, and other modern server oriented languages such as TypeScript, AWS, CI tooling
- A high degree of knowledge and comfort in both Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding of common architectural and design patterns
- Experience with Design Systems and how they contribute to quality and consistency
- Expertise in optimizing solutions.
- Nice to haves for this role are experience presenting solutions to engineering and product management experience
In a typical week, the Technical Director could
- Review architecture for a new solution which needs to flex to tens of millions of players
- Improve processes or the developer workflow
- Help your partners and colleagues write high-quality goals/OKRs
- Coach engineers
You’ll build relationships and work with…
- Product Management, Program Management, Design, Quality Verification and Automation teams, and vendors to ensure product requirements are met at-quality and meeting indicators.
- Technical leadership and other groups to determine, road map and provide the best technical strategy and engineering standards to allow our business direction