Technical Designer - World
25 days ago
Are you a great collaborator and interested in working on a new game IP? Do you understand game world design and know how to realize it in a game engine? If you answered yes, then you don’t want to miss this chance!
We are looking for a Technical Designer to join us in shaping how our new game IP will be created. Leveraging Ubisoft Scalar, the game will have access to virtually unlimited amounts of computing power, testing your creativity on how game worlds are built.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with technical/programming teams to implement tools & features in the engine, e.g.: procedural generation, systemic interaction, distribution systems, etc.
- Ensure we have the right technical capabilities for our world designers to succeed.
- Identify and define technical solutions for various gameplay and systemic features following design documentation.
- Review and shape the visual game world from a designer perspective.
We are striving toward increased diversity and want you to grow with us on this journey. So please don’t shy away even if you don’t tick all the boxes below. We are offering you larger questions to answer and new areas to investigate. Here you will be presented with an environment where you feel you can be heard and enthusiastic about your job and the industry at large.
We would love if you:
- Are a curious technical designer with an interest in terrain and world building.
- Enjoy problem-solving, are an active listener and know how to collaborate with designers as well as programmers.
- Understand how to work with procedural systems and can quickly grasp how they affect the bigger picture.
- Are used to work with goals when planning and focused on how to achieve them.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a leading organization in developing more interesting game worlds. You will be part of a passionate and collaborative team and receive market-based compensation while having the opportunity to grow and develop your skills and career. If you are ready to take this on, send us your CV and tell us how you are a perfect fit for the role.
Apply to make it yours
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking and is the key to unlocking our collective potential. We also want to ensure our developers reflect our players, so even if you don’t tick all the boxes above but you have a willingness to learn, we're eager to hear how you can contribute. We’re located at Fenix Stockholm, a re-imagined modern office block in the inner city district of Hagastaden.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.