Technical Designer - CA Sofia
9 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity to join our talented and motivated team working on exciting new historical projects in the Total War universe at our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You'll become part of a world class development team working on titles in the award winning Total War series and will have the opportunity to make a mark on our new project, contributing to creation of a genre-defining game.
As a Technical Designer you will be supporting the Design Team through creating scripts and templates, developing pipelines and features in both concept and production phase.
You will work closely with gameplay coders and designers to ensure smooth implementation of new features and you will hold yourself to a high-quality level and ensure your code is robust, clean script adhering to the best practices and guidelines.
You will need to communicate clearly and effectively so everyone works together, you will bring your high level of technical skills to the project and this will be critical to the success of this role.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience of multiple scripting languages - Blueprint, LUA, and similar
- Experience working with relational databases
- Excellent problem solver and able to clearly get to the root cause and work to resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Great attention to detail
- Previous Technical Design role in game development environment, ideally one of which AAA
- Game Scripting/Modding experience
- Passion to play and make Total War games
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.