This job might no longer be available.
Technical Design Director [Unannounced Project]
14 days ago
We are looking for a Technical Design Director to realise and follow-up on design vision & technical implementation for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Technical Design Director, you’ll garner a high-level of understanding for our design ambition and how it can be achieved with our expanding technical toolbox. During our different phases of production, you’ll alternate between a resolution of high detail and high level to deliver solutions and direction for both designer and technical teams, to realise of one-of-a-kind design for our project.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, to make new mistakes and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll liaise with key stakeholders and be the bridge between our Game Director and our Technical Director for Gameplay. Furthermore, you will direct and generate briefs for a team of complementary skills and abilities to provide solutions for new exciting challenges.
- You will define how various game systems are best architected and built, bridging the gap between design and tech implementation.
- You will continuously analyse our design development, working together with key stakeholders to develop contingency and apply mitigation as needed (engine, data, features, etc).
- You will assess our existing tools and be able to roll up your sleeves and design custom ones when needed, to support our design pipelines and workflows.
- You will be part of driving our technical ambition and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices and share that knowledge with our teams.
- You will lead, mentor and build a team of Technical Designers that can follow your lead and work across various areas of the project, helping and guiding teams to deliver even greater features.
We would love if you...
- Have a few years experience as a game developer and shipping games, ideally in a leadership position within either game design or programming working closely with design.
- Have a genuine interest in the 'How?' of Game development.
- Find great joy in bridging the gap between Design and Technology, collaborating with others to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to find the best fit solution to complex problems, finding compromises for strong-willed stakeholders with differing needs.
- Have working knowledge of editors and good understanding of programming & script languages
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.