Technical Cinematics Designer - Unannounced AAA title
12 days ago
The Technical Cinematic Designer’s main task is to work with people across different disciplines to create in-game cutscenes. A Technical Cinematic Designer is expected to be a multi-disciplinary individual capable of learning and adapting to different needs. Their focus is on storytelling, realization and delivering high-quality content in an efficient manner.
Ideally, the applicant should have a basic understanding of composition, framing, and animation. They should also be familiar with using a game engine, as the job requires most of the work to be done in one. Familiarity with video editing, animation software or in-engine cutscene creation tools is recommended. They should also have good communication and teamwork skills as Technical Cinematic Designers are expected to communicate with other job disciplines frequently.
- Create in-game cutscenes using proprietary tools.
- Work with and polish animation mocap data.
- Analyze and assess scripts to highlight dependencies and risks.
- Coordinate with animators, level, and quest designers to stage cutscenes in the world.
- Work with lighting, audio, and VFX artists on realization of the content.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Cinematic Designer – preferably on AAA console titles.
- Knowledge of video editing software, animation software, or in-game cutscene editors.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Knowledge in Unity and/or Unreal Engine is a plus
- Experience in motion capture work and animation is a plus
- Knowledge of Cinematography, Film, and Animation is a plus.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
What we offer
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)
Ubisoft Barcelona, has developed for over 25 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla” … etc.