Technical Character Artist
1 month ago
CCP is looking for a talented Technical Character Artist to work on Project Awakening, a recently announced title set within the EVE universe.
You will be working in the development cycle for new features and technology from the initial design phase all the way to release. The position can be located in Reykjavík/London and remote work is possible for the right candidate.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and character team.
- Help develop the character pipeline, understand the limitations of the game engine, and how to optimize most efficiently for it.
- Operate as the link between Art and Graphics to help deliver features.
- Have a full understanding of current game production workflows (PBR/lightning pipelines and shader tools).
- Communicate and present ideas effectively and champion the look of the project across the team.
- Write custom tools for Maya (Python).
- Setup character creator (clothing layer system, face, and body blends/sculpting).
- Minimum 3 years of experience with character creation work.
- Experience in rigging and developing animation tools (blendshapes and normal blending).
- Experience with modeling and texturing tools (particularly getting resources into and out of 3rd party tools).
- Familiar with the 3d asset content creation.
- Experienced with optimizing solutions, LOD’s creation, and texture compression methods.
- Familiar with physics implementation (cloth/hair simulation).
What we can offer you
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The inspiring opportunity of working on a pioneering project in cooperation with amazingly talented and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation.
- A flexible hybrid work environment with a dual workstation setup.
- An employee led fun division that hosts regular events.
- An excellent canteen offering a breakfast and lunch menu, along with drinks, snacks and discretionary weekly dinners.
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plans, complemented by an options-based incentive plan.
- Annual sports grant, mobile phone and usage package, home internet, and a conditional monthly transportation grant.
- A strong focus on employee well-being, with benefits such as a free on-site doctor and discounted access to a variety of on-site services, such as a gym, massage, hairdresser, beautician, car- and laundry services.
- Vacation package in accordance with Icelandic labour law and customs.
- Relocation support.