Technical Audio Designer
1 month ago
That's No Moon is an independent studio of storytellers and game-makers who believe in the power of narrative-driven experiences. With a diverse team of talented developers, from some of the top game studios in the world (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Bungie), our shared vision is to create the future of AAA experiences with a culture of creativity, collaboration, and responsible production practices. Our passionate team of developers help shape our studio, our projects, and our future.
We are looking for a Technical Audio Designer who is passionate about making ground-breaking audio innovations and award-winning technical sound design for a AAA title. This is an opportunity to help define our audio tech and pipeline, as well as establish best practices for our game audio systems, and really push the limit on techniques and features for a new immersive and detailed game title.
You will work alongside the Audio Team, Tools and Software Engineers, and representatives from the other development disciplines to deliver the highest quality audio experience and attain our goal of Game of the Year.
- Design and develop unique game audio systems, based on gameplay features and overall creative audio direction.
- Help to develop best practices for audio systems use, naming conventions, organizational structure, and workflow efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Audio Software Engineers to specify the needs for tools and audio pipeline improvements to achieve the game's goals.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to understand gameplay needs and determine best methods to integrate audio systems.
- Troubleshoot and debug game audio systems and functionality.
- Work with Production to adhere to development schedules and deadlines.
- Evaluate and communicate risk to Audio Leadership.
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years of experience with professional game audio development.
- Experience with AAA game development.
- Shipped titles on major platforms, such as PlayStation, Xbox, or PC.
- Professional understanding of sound design, sound implementation, mixing, and game audio engine capabilities.
- Basic scripting experience.
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Wwise, or equivalent.
- Bonus for having worked on narrative-driven games, features, and systems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially while working with groups outside of the audio department.
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $115,000 - $145,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary based on country of residence and/or part-time or temporary employment status.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.