18 days ago
Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have three game production studios in India, with support studios in Tokyo, Japan, London, UK, and Seattle, USA.
Lakshya Digital is looking for passionate and experienced Technical artist to join our AAA art team based in the US.
The ideal candidate will have the technical skills to troubleshoot, invent and improve workflows for creating game assets and a thorough knowledge of game engines like Unity and UE4 (with focus on advanced shader creation, materials and particle systems). Well balanced communication skills are essential as you will be working closely supporting the art teams and our international clients.
The candidate must be proactive and focused on mitigating production challenges, propose creative solutions and be able to implement changes to our internal and external production pipelines. Can develop flexible pipeline tools that satisfy a wide variety of artist needs and styles, including set up, automation, and optimization. Able to establish standards and best practices for character, VFX and environment construction. Experience solving complex workflow issues with version control systems like Perforce.
This position is remote, but only available to residents of the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Montanta, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Washington.
- Create complex technical and/or visual game content and systems which respect game performance and engine integration constraints
- Adapt to artistic and technical limitations to create tools, processes to ensure a fast and effective workflow for the artists on a per-project basis
- Assist in improving the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team
- Create clear and concise technical and functional specifications/documentation using your excellent communication skills
- Research, prototype and create new shaders, systems, pipelines, etc. Uses this knowledge to assess feasibility, schedule, performance, etc. of new tools and systems
- Work directly with our clients and internal team in a respectful and professional manner
- Carry out complex tasks and produce work with a high level of quality and efficiency with minimal oversight
- 3+ years of experience as a technical artist on commercial AAA games, having shipped multiple titles in this role
- Experience with researching, prototyping and creating new shaders, systems, pipelines, etc. Uses this knowledge to assess feasibility, schedule, performance, etc. of new tools and systems
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere and give relevant technical feedback, suggestions and support when needed
- A solid knowledge of current and next-gen art tools, technologies, and fundamental art principles
- Knowledge of multiple scripting and coding languages (C#, Python, Mel, etc.)
- Understanding of Unreal 4 engine; including blueprints, materials and shader systems
- Extensive experience with Perforce and managing production pipelines
- Creative problem-solving skills with a strong ability to learn new areas of development and be self-motivated
- Portfolio/website/sample code demonstrating your technical skills
- Experience in writing tools/plugins for a range of software such as Maya, Max and Houdini
- Working knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, shaders, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- Previous experience working in services/outsourcing and/or managing overseas artists
- Rigging and Animation skills
At Keywords Studios we provide all our workforce with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits