11 days ago
Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons!. We’ve recently released Merge Magic! and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration and the sense of belonging this is the right job for you.
As a Technical Artist at Gram Games, you'll work closely with Artists, Producers and Designers as part of an experienced team where both your technical skills and creative vision will help shape the creative content. You will help drive, refine and document tech art best practices, working with the other disciplines to ensure standards and processes are reviewed regularly to ensure efficiency and quality, across the studio.
- Monitor the technical pipelines for all art areas across the studio; from initial specifications, through to final in-game implementation and continued future support
- Identify and create methods to improve art pipelines and visual quality
- Profile and implement solutions for improving performance and optimization of art assets without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of minimum specification mobile devices
- Proactively identify new technologies and techniques that will improve the game
- Create detailed, easy to read documentation of toolsets and workflows that the team can rely on
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Oversee the implementation of new techniques
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games;
- Assist in various areas of game art production to help assure the timely delivery of the product
- Support the Art, Engineering and Design Teams, helping to resolve technical difficulties
- Be aware of the wider industry developments ensuring we are using the latest techniques to create the highest quality and performance friendly assets
- Willing and able to take on responsibilities outside of core specialism in line with the needs of the studio
- 5 years game industry experience
- Exposure to C#
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Unity3D
- Experience with HLSL shader creation
- Solves complex problems with technical solutions.
- Excellent at both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Have a technical proficiency in areas such as rendering, texturing and lighting
- Shipped at least one title as a technical artist or similar role
- Solid understanding of mobile platform rendering technology
- Experience of working on published mobile titles
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!