10 days ago
The Marketing Cinematics group at EA is a content production team that partners with EA Studio’s game teams, to produce the highest quality marketing assets, trailers and commercials. We are a collective group of Animators, Artists, Designers, Lighters, and Producers. Worldwide, we are several teams that combine to form a global group of extraordinary individuals, fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing, next-gen visuals. We are a diverse team that is unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Our Technical Artists combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers, and are responsible for designing, building and implementing production tools, and optimizing cinematic production workflows.
As a Technical Artist, you will report to the Senior Line Producer and Cinematic Technical Lead. Our goal is to evaluate and influence how production is approached. As new technologies arise, so will the need to grow and expand our tools! We strive to create an environment that allows our artists to rapidly create, iterate and polish, at scale, by increasing end-to-end efficiency.
- You will develop high-quality animation and cinematic production tools.
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools and processes to ensure a fast and effective workflow for the artists on a per-project basis.
- Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues.
- Solve complex problems affecting various areas of production.
- Act as a role model, coach, and mentor to assist in developing the team.
- Design, implement, optimize, test, debug and maintain code to coding standards.
- 7+ years of experience creating digital art content creation tools & pipelines.
- You have experience developing tools for industry standard 3D applications (Maya, Motion Builder, etc.)
- An understanding of game engines and their architecture (Frostbite, Unreal or similar).
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python & C#) and .Net libraries.
- A strong understanding of animation and cinematic pipelines.