Technical Artist - High Moon Studios
11 days ago
Job Title:Technical Artist - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Technical Artist with a focus on characters and rigging to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
- Working with established proprietary rigging and animation system within digital creation tools.
- Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Coders, Artist and Technical Artist cultivating a positive team dynamic.
- Work quickly and effectively to support content creators.
- Skeleton creation, high quality realistic skin weighting, and animation rig creation.
- Maintain, contribute, and improve on existing proprietary python tools, code base and systems.
- 3+ years' experience in technical art or animation roles
- Professional or personal experience working with real time game engines.
- Proficiency in building skeletons, skinning and rigging in Maya.
- Good understanding of proprietary engine and related tools.
- Strong artistic skills and working knowledge of 3D art production.
- Solid understanding of Python tool and pipeline development.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Must be flexible and comfortable with prototyping and quick iteration.
- An adaptable and continuous learner.
- CS or Technical Art Degree.
- Knowledge of real-time physics and ragdolls, pre-baked simulation, or shader creation.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.