14 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the satisfaction that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you love the technology of computer graphics, games and animation? Have experience building tools, rigs, workflows and pipeline optimizations that make the creative work of game development even more fun than it already is? If so, let’s connect—we have a job that might interest you!
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our Tech Art team, working on an enormous roster of WWE Superstars, supporting character creation. You will work on character rigs, simulations, animation and cutscene workflows and systems supporting original user creations.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game franchise with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates from all industries who have a passion for games. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Use our toolset to create and maintain Character (both body and facial) and Prop rigs and simulation.
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to drive research, workflows, and technologies for improved deformations, animation fidelity, and streamlined creation processes.
- Become a proficient user and contributor of the existing toolset and workflow.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to character rigs, animation, and simulation.
- Meet delivery deadlines under production constraints.
- Mentor other artists as needed
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Fluent in Maya and Python with significant experience writing tools (PySide / PyQt)
- Experience researching, piloting and rolling out new techniques
- Understanding of game engine limitations.
- Must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow, and take directions well.
- Strong time and project management, be a good team player, and have good work ethics
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Experience with real-time and pre-baked cloth and hair physics setup.
- Experience with Face Rig using FACS setup, facial capture and re-targeting.
- Shotgrid, Perforce, Jira, Confluence.
- Scripting for Substance Painter, Motion Builder, Photoshop.
- C#, C++
- End-to-end knowledge of game production processes, and ability to scale your role to each phase
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.