This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist - Rigging
14 days ago
Technical Artist – Rigging (Associate)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams are composed of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Rigging team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
This will be a temporary position.
Associate Technical Artist – Rigging:
- Design and implement varying levels of complexity skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation, and skin deformations
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency.
- Implement techniques and process to solve character, animation and deformations challenges as identified by department lead
- Proactive in problem identification while developing and delivering solutions
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders, both up and downstream.
Associate Technical Artist – Rigging:
- 0-2 years of technical art/rigging/animation experience, especially if includes experience shipping game titles and/or VFX/feature animation.
- Degree in Visual Effects, Game Design, or Technical subject area in lieu of industry experience required.
- Experience with Python, C#, C++ and familiarity with Maya API a plus
- Education experience or background in rigging and skinning character assets
- Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
- Experience in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini and/or MotionBuilder
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges. The perfect fit should be able to quickly identify issues, attempt to resolve and know when to escalate.
- Strong communication and documentation skills required to educate artists on new tools and/or workflows
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and well-being to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.