PopReach is a free-to-play game publisher acquiring and optimizing proven, profitable games and game franchises. With over 140 smart and creative professionals at studios in Vancouver, Toronto, London and Bangalore, we are 100% focused on making great games available for download on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Founded in 2015 by some of the most successful individuals in the mobile games business, PopReach is looking for people who know what it takes to excel in that environment: determination, self-directedness, creative problem solving, and an A+ team player .
PopReach is seeking a Technical Artist who has a passion for problem-solving and is a solutions-provider. This role is a unique opportunity to help bring the popular Payday shooter franchise to mobile for the first time! Regularly in the top 15 games played on Steam, Payday is beloved by millions of people around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for process optimization, performance budgets, and searching for solutions to allow artists to work more efficiently.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Analyze game performance and memory across all of our release platforms using various engines, 3rd party tools, and internal tools.
- Solve technical challenges blocking Artists and Designers.
- Improve and help establish pipelines & best practices for content teams.
- Troubleshoot existing tech and support incoming tech.
- Identify blockers and produce quality work within the technical constraints of the project.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of game production experience
- Enjoys creation of documentation and educating others on technical restrictions or guidelines
- Able to give reasonable timeframes for technical tasks
- Proactive about making things happen in teams, always seeking a better solution, and a drive to continue expanding knowledge as a technical artist
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting, and process automation software
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
Job Type : Full-time, Permanent. Please note only candidates with authorization to work in Canada will be considered.
COVID-19 considerations : At this time, we are working from home with the option of working together socially distanced in the office a few days a week.
At PopReach, we embrace and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strive to grow and foster an amazing team that appreciates a variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We truly thank you for your interest, we'd love to hear from you!